Repost @life_beyond_borderline_ So what exactly is Borderline…
So what exactly is Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) you ask.
BPD is the inability to manage emotions effectively.
Approximately 1.6 of the population suffers from BPD.
There are 9 main symptoms of BPD, which I will summarize for you:
– Fear of abandonment (people with BPD are often terrified to be abandoned or left alone)
– Unstable relationships (people with BPD often have very intense, unstable relationships)
– Unstable self image – Impulsive, self destructive behaviours (impulsively spend money you can’t afford, binge eat, drive recklessly, shopping, engage in risky sex, or overdoing it with drugs or alcohol)
– Self Harm
– Extreme emotional mood swings (often at the drop of a coin which make loved one feel as though they are “walking on eggshells” around you) – Chronic feelings of emptiness (feeling as though you’re “nothing” or “nobody”)
– Explosive anger (trouble controlling yourself once the fuse is lit —yelling, throwing things, or becoming completely consumed by rage)
– Feeling out of touch with reality (people with BPD often struggle with paranoia or suspicious thoughts about other’s motives. When under stress, you may even lose touch with reality — an experience known as disassociation. You may feel foggy, spaced out, or as if you’re outside your own body.)
There’s a brief overview for you. I should mention that a BPD sufferer does not have to display all 9 symptoms to be diagnosed.
Any questions? Feel free to ask😊